Today is Thanksgiving. Even though this has been a mixed year, we have many things to be thankful for:
– The planet has survived, so far.
– Mitt Romney is not president.
– Paul Ryan is not president.
– Chris Christie not president, at least not yet.
– This country did not go to war with Syria and create amother quagmire.
– The economy, while anemic, is much better than it was after the Bush (Great) Recession took hold.
– The Affordable Care Act exists, and , despite lacking a public option, gives some of the uninsured a chance to obtain insurance.
– Hawaii and Illinois became the 15th and 16th states, respectively, to implement marriage equality.
In sum, though things are tough and we are still under siege from the right wing, we have much to be thankful for.